In our inaugural episode, sponsored by Fernbank Museum of Natural History, we’ll be talking FREE activities over Christmas break and date night ideas. Our special guest will be Lesli Peterson from 365 Atlanta Family.[slp-blabreplay src=”https://blab.im/lori-mac-brown-free-things-to-do-in-atlanta-over-christmas-holidays-datenight-ideas-3″]
Atlanta With Kid Show debuts with this episode! It’s been an idea born out of a frustration and a desire to do things different. In Atlanta, blogging has become saturated. There are more “things to do” and “parenting blogs” than hairs on my head. More than that, blogposts and articles just don’t do everything justice.
It’s time to shake things up and bring the personality and realness front and center.
Grab a cup of coffee, even a glass of wine. Pull up a chair and take a load off. Watch us live, download the podcast (coming soon), or even watch the replay. However it works for you, that’s what matters.
I’m kicking off these first episodes with one of my favorite people in Atlanta to unwind and have fun with. She is part of my village. One of those people that keeps me from running away, selling my child to the circus or jumping off the cliff. I’m lucky to have a handful of ladies like this in my life. Since my son was born, Lesli has been the recipient of one or two hushed phone calls of desperation from the closet as I quietly drank my fear away, praying no one in my house discovered I was AWOL.
I’m so excited to bring you this awesome, new resource. I hope it brings a smile to your face and some ideas to your mind. Remember….we’re all in this together!
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- Meet Lesli Peterson of 365 Atlanta Family- Atlanta Expert USA TODAY 10Best and Family Travel Expert for the State of Georgia
- Ideas for FREE things to do in Atlanta during the winter/Christmas holiday break
- Realization that you are not alone
- Resources for discounted admissions to Atlanta attractions and shows
- Strategies for finding childcare
- Ideas for what to do when you ACTUALLY get some adult time for date nights, girls night out, etc
- How much we LOVE our episode sponsor, Fernbank Museum of Natural History
- The meaning of the word “wonky”
Starting in January, you will be able to download the podcast from iTunes. We are still working out a few of the technical kinks and are holding off on this option for these special Christmas holiday episodes.
Christmas Gremlins wreaked havoc on us for this first episode, even after extensive run-throughs and tests. Someone must have forgot the golden rule- don’t feed the gremlins after midnight. Audio issues and barking dogs were prevalent, but resolved. Never fear; we learned. If you want to watch the down and dirty unedited version, we can’t be held responsible.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED (or intended to be mentioned) IN THIS EPISODE:
- Colony Square Christmas movies on Saturdays- on the lawn and FREE
- The Rock Ranch lights
- TopGolf- FREE event
- Bass Pro Shop
- Centennial Park (or other tacky lights displays)
- Governors Mansion until December 18th
- Santa in Dahlonega, Gainesville,
- Blairsville Tour of trees at community center and holiday show at the art center and model railroad xmas open house at mineral bluff depot on 19th.For more information on the above mentioned activities and more, 365 Atlanta Family has entire an entire list of FREE Christmas events in Atlanta.
- HIKING!!!! Especially the Indian Seats and Blood Mountain
- List of local Christmas Light Displays around Atlanta
- Saint Nick at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens
- The Real Black Santa
- WSB-TV Discounted Atlanta Shows- Family 2 Family Promo Codes
- Sentry Link for background checks on your own
- Date Night Ideas
- Adult-Only Christmas Shows like Merry Bleeping Christmas at
- Overnight at Reynolds Plantation, Lake Oconee– eating at The National Tavern and enjoying the spa
- Martinis & IMAX at Fernbank Museum of Natural History
- Shakespeare’s Tavern Christmas Carol
- 365 Atlanta Family has a post of 52 great date night ideas
- Holiday Membership Sale at Fernbank Museum of Natural History
- Food Tours in Atlanta
- Atlanta Beer Tours
- Belinda Skelton’s Atlanta Living
Bonus Segment: Q&A
Thanks for joining us! We do a special Question and Answer Session Segment that can ONLY be found in our Atlanta With Kid community group page.